Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Weds landsend open

Only 10 booked in today which is a bit disappointing as the venue has been fishing really well, the upshot was that we had plenty of room with everyone having at least an empty peg each side, I let mike duckett draw for and he handed me peg 19 which as most people know is probably the most consistent peg on the lake, I better say that before someone else does in a comment , I had mat tomes on 17 and roger crago on 21.
3 pellet rigs today, one for slapping ,one for up on the island shelf and a deck rig down the middle towards 20 all with a 18 b960 on.16. I set up a 4x12 rig for meat down my right hand margin with a14 xedion txr7 hook on .18 line,
At the start I began by cupping some hard 4,s at 13 mtrs to my right in the middle , some meat into the margin and fired some 4s to the island in a couple of spots, starting on the 13 mtr line I got bites straight away on banded 8 mm and at the end of the first hour I had several f1,s a skimmer and a small carp, it wasnt really happening so I switched to the shallow rig out by the island, I was getting plenty of bites on the corner of the island but it was f1,s which can be a tad annoying on banded 8,s , I switched to 6mm and caught several more but with mat now catching skimmers and f1,s the silvers were a no no. A switch to further down the island produced a few carp but these fish can be a bit cute at times as they have seen it all before and they soon melt away in that shallow water against the island , and as soon as the pole goes from over there heads the come back, sneaky buggers, I also started to get odd carp at 16 mtrs in peg 20 , just slapping the rig around without feeding, which is something I don't really do as I like to feed and be doing something to build the swim , mat had by the halfway stage come in at 5 mtrs on soft pellet and was catching silvers quite well but was being disrupted by rogue carp, he did get a nice IDE that he said was over 3 lb but I said it was 2lb odd so we had a fiver on the fact it didn't go over 3 lb, that was the easiest 5 pounds I have ever won as it went 2lb 9 oz thanks Matty, by swapping between the island swims and the open water in front of  20 I caught carp steadily enough but with Tim Clark on 23 catching on paste down his margins and mat
Also catching carp now it wasnt cut and dried , I kept going into the margins and that was productive for better size fish on double meat, at the end I thought I had 120lb ish but with both mat and Tim admitting to over 100lb , there seemed to have been plenty of fish caught all round  , but it turned
Out that the bigger fish I had down the edge gave me a bit of a buffer as I weighed 142.14 for
First .
2 nd was mat tomes with 110.10. But he did have the top silver weight on the day with 41.15
3rd Tim Clark on 23 with 100.3
4th Alan oram on 7 with 87.11
5 th. Tom thick on 11 , 47.12
6 th mike west on peg 5 with 36.10
Next Wednesday we are going to chiton trinity on woodland lake so if anyone fancy,s it ring me at the shop to book in on 01179517250

2 comments:

  1. Think you probably deserved that peg after some of your recent draws.
    The bridge troll

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like the brown nosed bridge troll

    ReplyDelete