Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 April 2013

Landsend Wednesday open

Only 11 today so plenty of room on the match lake so everyone had an empty peg each side or a corner, so I didn't mind where I drew and wasn't upset to see peg 5 looking tame on the draw card, Ryan shipp had it at the weekend and had 25lb of silvers and a few carp so I was expecting a few more bites than I had at the weekend, the wind was going to make life difficult as it was forecast to be gusting over 30 mph , and it did, but at least the sun was out and by the end I think I may have started the tan going or was it wind burn, if we can believe the weather men by this time next week we may be seeing normal temps resumed, can't wait and neither can the wildlife,
Last time I drew this peg I won fishing pellet against the island, but we have had a lot of cold weather since then, so I couldn't see me doing the same, but I set up a pellet rig for the top of the shelf and one in the deep water between the islands, a rig for caster under the pallets either side and a caster rig for 11 mtrs, for company I had rod Wooten on peg 3 and the cheddar ac club professional andy France on peg 7, so good company . Opposite was Adrian Clark on 19( yes it was drawn this time), at the start I cupped in some casters each side and at 11 mtrs and some 4mm hard pellet on the long lines, starting at 11 mtrs on single caster I never had a bite , oh no, rod had a bite before me and had a 8lb carp which he safely netted after several attempts, soon after I had my first small roach, and I probably had an indication every put in on that line mainly from small roach but I did get 2 f1,s
5 skimmers ,1 ide. I had 2 bites up on the shelf one from a 3 1/2 lb carp and an f1, the deep water again gave me 2 bites another carp of the same size and a skimmer, the pallets each side seemed barren, I did hook a decent carp under number 6 pallet and played a it for a while only for it to come off. I think the island and deep water would have given me a few fish but it was impossible to hold the pole with the gale that was blowing, even the normally polite and mild mannered andy France was swearing more times today than I have ever heard him.
By the end I was admitting to 15lb but new I had more but it got mat tomes biting for a few seconds
Which is always good entertainment, there was a clear winner before the scales were used and that was Adrian Clark on 19 as he had 14 or 15 carp on corn or hard pellet fished at the bottom of the far
Side shelf, and after plonking 71.4  on the scales it was an easy win
2nd joe McMahon on 21 had 6 carp and a couple of silvers for 39.8
3rd Tom thick 38.8 peg 15
4th tony rixon 28.2 and my silvers went 21.2 so at least I got a bit of money back
5th Alan oram 21.5 peg 23
6th andy France 19.7 peg 7
Sunday there is an open match at landsend ,it's a 9.30 draw, and with light winds forecast at least pole fishing will be easier, book in with me at the shop on 01179517250 or with mr duckett on
07977545882

No comments:

Post a Comment