Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 April 2013

Acorn pole only series round 4

My turn on A section today which is the small top lake known as the dog bone due to its shape , the peg to draw has been 4 as its won the section in the first 3 rounds and I couldn't see today being different, I pulled peg 1 which has been none to good so far, mat tomes was on peg four then asked if we were having our usual pound side bet, funny how he was chasing after people only when he had drawn, funny how we didn't have our "usual" pound at landsend last time when I beat him,
For company I had to sit and watch dave wride opposite, the lake isn't really wide enough to double bank it but dave and me decided to only fish 11 mtrs, any further and we would have been fishing down the same hole, so I set up a 4x12 rig for skimmers at 11 mtrs , a carp rig for the left hand margin into the corner and a 4x12 rig for against the end bank for mainly carp again, the carp are on the small side in this lake so both the carp rigs had 20 8313 hook on .12 , and the skimmer rig had the usual 20 6313 on .10.
At the start I cupped in some soaked micros on a couple of lines at 11 mtrs and some maggot and micros to my left into the corner and along the bank, the first hour went ok with skimmers and tiny carp falling to either soft pellet or single maggot over the micros, it was pretty much the same for dave opposite and mark broomsgrove next to him, who had fed groundbait instead of micros , mat on peg 4 had a bit of a slow start but as soon as he went across he began to catch plenty of smallish carp , so the peg seemed to be fishing to form, halfway through the wind increased and I stopped getting bites at 11 mtrs but dave and mark both kept catching , something to do with the trip I think as my float started going with the wind as opposed to against it as it was before the wind increased, the last couple of hours were spent fishing the left hand margins and end bank where I had a few better carp and some more skimmers, on double maggot ,  I enjoyed the last couple of hours a was getting a fair few bites and fishing to my left meant I didn't have to keep looking at mat netting small carp and kissing our "usual " quid goodbye, also mark was easily winning the silvers on this lake , so another blow out in this league was on the cards, by the end I wasn't to sure what I had as its hard to guess with small fish so I was pleasantly suprised to weigh 14lb of silvers and 25lb of carp for 39lb and third on the lake, as expected peg 4 won again that's now 4 times on the trot with mat having 60lb, 2nd in the section went to the ever consistent Tim ford on peg 7 with 50lb.
Overall today the match was won by joe McMahon on bridge peg 40 with over 100lb of carp taken shallow against the bridge , mike nicholls on peg 9 was second with again over 100lb but 2lb less
Than joe, mike will have the full results on his blog.
The league is being won by Pete Bartlett who has won all 4 sections so far, well done to him.

4 comments:

  1. So you had the pound with him even though u new he was on the in form peg sounds like sour grapes to me tony you always could of said no

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cheeky git chasing after people I had a pound with you and Jason who I always have a pound with its right what they say about you sore loser ain't the word never give any body any credit you can't win em all mate ain't my thought if u havnt sorted the fishery out yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best grapes are always best taken sour ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete