Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 March 2013

Viaduct winter league last round

I must say that this has been as always a well run league and with 95 anglers in teams of fives it's the biggest league in the southwest, my only gripe would be that the results are done up n the village in the pub, I personally would much prefer the results to be done at the fishery especially as there is a fully functioning cafe on site and I think more people would stay for results , but this is coming from a non drinker, and pubs tend to stiff drivers with the prices of soft drinks.
The weather has taken a turn for the worst again with cold north easterly winds and so precipitation for later in the day, it was my turn on lodge lake with 5 of the section pegs on Cary , so if I could avoid them and 62 on lodge I would be happy as I am second going I to this match in the individuals behind local farmer dave romain, into the draw and out comes draw 13 which put me on 62 bugger, but with dave drawing 110 on Campbell I stood a chance as his peg has been crap for weeks, then again my peg has been bad with i think less than 10lb being top off the peg so far in the series,
It's normally to far up the lake to really argent the skimmers they tend to stay a couple of pegs to my left and there were some rolling just to confirm that. I set up a 4x14 and 4x16 rig for caster close and at 14 mtrs both with the usual trusty 18 middy 6313 on .10, also a 4x12 for caster down the edge but only a 4 oz hybrid on that so no more mention of that, I decided on a positive approach so at the start I cupped in 3 balls at 14 mtrs in 3 spots at 11/12 and 1 o,clock angles, 9 balls in quite a small area but I thought it may be a day to attack, I actually started at 4 mtrs on caster on the lighter rig and did catch some small roach and little hybrids I stuck with it for the first 45 mins but with odd carp being caught now it was looking like I was onto a battering . I went out on the long pole and caught the same size fish initially and it wasn't till the last half of the match that I started to catch some better skimmers on single caster over the groundbait, I ended up with 11 good skimmers plus a few bits for about 20 lb, and hoping I had beaten all the anglers on the Cary bit I thought I would have about 12 points, I actually had 22lb which gave me 13 points , I was beaten by all the anglers with three or more carp with rob jones on corner peg 53 with 10 carp for 78lb, Alex Murray on 64 fished 21 mtrs
To the end bank for second on the lake fishing dobbed bread over meat!!!!,
I went round to see how dave romain had faired on 110, and he was admitting to 10 lb and looking
Like he would get 5 points max which would be a low enough score to give methe individual , but
He ended up with nearly 14 lb and 7 points so the title was his on a weight count back, still I can't
Complain I have had a nice series catching plenty each match , with lots of silvers, I don't have the
Full result but I will get it tomorrow and put it on, the match was won by andy Lloyd on 118 with
96lb on corn down the edge, second was rob jones on 53 with 78lb, the silvers went to
Tim plant on38 with 25lb of skimmers, and I was2nd with my 22lb,
Team wise the flip flop boys came out on top to take he winners purse so well done to them

No comments:

Post a Comment