Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Shiplate main lake, Wednesday

Only had Aaron britnell for a travelling partner as dean has to work, I must say Aaron was a bit worse for wear as he was up late on Tuesday night celebrating his win in the knowle west under 14,s arm wrestling championships, he came out on top but only just ,
After the normal excellent brekkie in lillypool cafe at shipham it was off to the fishery, the weather is really having an effect on the attendances now as I only had 7 names, but getting to the fishery I found Dominic Sullivan scuffing around the lodge and after a bit of cajoling and managing to have sold enough big issues he put his name down, but I had to lend him a reel as he had left his at home , we only put the low numbers in as it gave us a bit of protection from the still biting north easterly wind, I drew my own ticket hoping for peg3 which was nearest to the first. Island and reachable with a pole , but no I go and pull myself 5a, I was sandwiched between Aaron on 5 and Dominic on 6 .
Only set the pole up today as I had left my lead rod at home, one rig was going to all as it was the same depth within a couple of inches between 13&16 mtrs, so a .5g rig was put up with an 18 middy 6313 on .10.
At the start I cupped in 4 balls of groundbait at 13 mtrs which in hindsight was 5 to many, and a few soaked micros at 16 mtrs, I won't waste to much time on this blog as it was hard to say the least, after the first hour I was winning with one small Ruffe , but then andy curry on 3a began to put a few skimmers together and he had a bonus 5 pounder, most people began to get a few bites from small skimmers and tiny roach but it was only andy who had any weight , cutting to the chase I did manage 3 bream at 16 mtrs on single maggot plus a few small roach and 1 small skimmer so by the end it was going to be close between me and andy for second , as Dominic had managed to snare 4 carp on the bomb and corn fished out towards the island and one good bream on the pole, after borrowing the pools off steve the owner to fish ,a reel from me ,then he even had to borrow a landing net off me after his first carp as his broke ( what a scrounger). His 5 fish catch went 30lb exactly for an easy first
2nd was me with 13.12 peg 5a
3rd andy curry 13.2peg 3a
4th Martin McMahon 10.7 peg 4
5th Aaron britnell 3.2 peg 5
6th John Thompson 3oz peg 6a

1 comment:

  1. After our match on Sunday (and last week on Cary)I was starting to think we are useless so it's refreshing to see your lot struggle as well

    ReplyDelete