Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Weds open , shiplate farm hawthorn lake

Only 9 fishing today so I won't be doing to long a blog tonite, especially as it was a very difficult day , Aaron. Drew two tickets out stuck together so I took the one stuck out and I wasn't in the least bit upset to see end peg 15 looking back at me, the last time I was on this peg I had just short of 100lb, but that was last summer in the sun , so with the easterly wind blowing down the lake with a windchill of  somewhere around zero , I wasnt going to catch shallow on caster today that was a dead cert. for company on 13 I had the resident venue professional in the shape of Andrew France , the match was really hard for most with just andy and me getting a few carp, in fact we both ended up with 9 each with andy having a small chub aswell so it was going to be tight as the fish are roughly the same size , fishery owners steve and carol turned up with the scales , with me to weigh first my 9 carp went 34lb exactly then andy put his 1oz. Chub on first then he put his 9 in the net and. The needle stopped on 33.14 so with his chub he had 33.15 an ounce behind, he took it well !!!!
Third went to Keith turner on. 12 with bout 11.3  and the only other person to bother the scales was Alan oram who won the silvers with 7oz, this cold snap is really beginning to affect the. Sport everywhere making fish shoal up really tightly, bait and rig wise both andy and me had all our fish on double maggot, andy having all his fish just off the far bank shelf in about 3 foot of water, I had 4 off the far side in the same depth and 5 down in the deeper water water towards empty peg 14
Steve was busy all day following suite of the other fisheries in the area and putting up a secure electric otter fence around the whole fishery, not pretty but necessary . We can't have the furry fish munching beasties chewing there way through expensive  fishes. Now can we.

1 comment:

  1. Those stones in your net, made all the difference!

    ReplyDelete