Total Pageviews

Monday 25 February 2013

Viaduct teams of 5,s round 3

With the rotation it was my turn on Campbell today which is very cruel at the moment with the fish being holed up in the pegs 125 / 126 / and opposite on 115 and 116 with the fish getting a bit thinner
on the ground as you move away from this area, into the team draw and I pull out number 8 which puts me on 118, brian shanks on 85, tim Clark on 56, Clayton Hudson on 40 and Ron hardiman on 12 3 good pegs and. 2 crap, I was on 118 which is eg to far really and with 117 not in it was just to far up really o r so I though , a quick chat with Tim Rowe who was on it last Sunday revealed he had 6 small carp down towards peg 117 by the brambles, so I set up a 4x12 rig on .16 with a xedion size 18 on the end, I also set up a 4x16 rig for 14 mtrs with a 20 middy 8313 on .12.
Wag rod was put up with. Big drake bodied wag and against my better judgement a lead rod , both again had xedion size 18 hooks on for maggots,
At the start I tried to get the wag to work but it was never going to happen as the wind was now blowing into and slightly across making the float blow through the swim, even with 18 inches dragging across the bottom, it always looked like a non starter, so after 15 mins it was out with the lead rod, by now Tom mangnall n 115, kev crabbe on 116 and Fred Roberts on 125 all catching fish rom the off, I did manage 2 carp on treble  maggot in the next 30 mins but I wasn't getting any indications or liners , so a quick look on the long pole bought no bites , so back ut on the lead but no more action , so I went down the margin , tim said he had 6 bites in 6 put ins last week but the carp were on the small side, my margin went pretty much the same with 5 carp in 5 put ins then I never had a bite there the rest of the day , all 5 fish falling to double caster over casters which I fed at the start, by now Fred on 125 was getting a fish a chuck on maggot on the wag, I think it helped having the wind off his back, presentation looked ok from our side, Tom mangnall was trying to get the wag to work but the wind was making it impossible, so he was on the lead most tof the match as was kev on 116, with both catching quite well but not as good as Fred ,in fact Fred caught right to the end and the anglers either side of him were also getting a few fish , I tried the long pole on a few occasions with double maggot over caster and did hook 5 carp losing two of them and I also had a pound plus brown goldfish on that line which count as carp at this venue ,only proper gold goldfish count as silvers here,
I had three more carp on the lead in the last 30 mins to end up with 13 carp and the goldfish for what I thought would be about 70 lb in fact when the scales turned up I had 75.15 which I was happy with and I was 5 th on the lake which keeps up my chances of getting in the individual overalls, dave romain is top of that at the moment with 3 lake wins from three matches so fair play to him,
1st n the day was Fred Roberts on 125 with 196.1 and for those who are friends with him on face book will have known about his win abut 10 mins after the match
2nd Wayne Buckingham on 64 with 135.12
3rd Craig Edmunds 131.12 peg 85
4th Tom mangnall 103.14 peg 115
5th Phil cardwell 98.3 peg 125
6 th  kev crabbe  80.14peg 116
Silvers went to mark Williams on eg 100 with 39.2 pf skimmers on the pole on maggot ver groundbait
Even though the weights look god there were plenty of blanks today with 4 on our lake alone, ooo I nearly forgot to mention mat tomes next to me today on 119 BLANKED, and he lost a fish aswell lol
Weds match is at shiplate on the canals, so if you are interested ring me at the shop to book in

2 comments:

  1. Its been a while since ive had any action so was abit premature in letting the world know! Lol

    Don't worry as i'll probably draw a duffer next round...back to reality!

    Mr Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems everyone will have to have a blog instead of using a social website......REALLY.

    ReplyDelete