Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Weds open lands end open

Back to landsend again today and with 17 fishing we used the match lake and the carpark bank of the speci, I was made to draw my own peg today and pulled peg 22 out which is a good all year round peg, bob gullick drew it at the weekend and struggled, so much so that he has hung up his tackle and pulled out of the viaduct winter league, drama queen springs to mind , come on bob sort it out.
Well that should get him biting, which is more than the fish in the swims he has drawn recently have done .
I set up several rigs today , a caster rig for 5 mtrs which was a 4x14 float with a 18 6313 pn .10.
A soft pellet rig ,same size float and hook but on .12 to fish at 14.5 mtrs on an angle towards peg 21.
A 4x10 float for caster over by the island and down the edge(same depth) on .12 and a 18 hook.
And a 4x12 for banded pellet on the end of the island with an 18 b960 on .14
At the start I fed all lines with the relevant baits and started at 5 mtrs on caster, first drop I had a 4 oz roach and I said to steve kedge on 24 that the next bite would probably be from a carp, and I wasn't disappointed as I hooked an 8lb fish on but it as hooked under the chin and it pinged off after playing it for several minutes, I stuck on this line for the first hour but it was only giving up odd small roach so I went on the soft pellet line but couldn't get a bite on it so I tried the caster line by the island and had a small carp and a few Rudd and perch then that died , so I refed it and went onto the banded pellet at the end of the island, and I had tench and a carp , back on the soft pellet swim and I had 1 carp and a small skimmer, back to the 5 mtr line and a few more roach and perch, by orating round the swims I managed to keep putting odd fish in the net, what suprised me was total lack of bites on the soft pellet line, it's normally a bit of a banker at this venue, perhaps bobby g was right and the area was devoid of fish, I did manage a run of sensible perch from the far side but as is normal they back off after being plundered to harshly, I came back to the short caster line and had two good skimmers, then went back on the hard pellet at the end of the island, and had odd bites , I ended up with five carp, two tench,  a couple of good skimmers and a mix of Rudd, roach and perch from various parts of the swim, I thought my silvers would go 16lb and the five carp may just go 20, I wasn't to far out as the silvers went about 18 lb and the carp went 21 for a total of 39.8 and fourth on the day
1st Tom thick on peg 40 with 66.10 which included the top silver weight on the day of 26.14 , all caught his normal way of feeding next to nothing and catching everything on 4 mm soft pellet
2nd was mike west putting aside his dismal performance at the weekend and weighing in 52.5 off peg 11
3rd andy he brow on peg 5 with 46.1
4th tony rixon 39.8 peg 22
5th mat tomes on peg 5 with 35.4
6th nick collier 34.13 on peg 17

2 comments:

  1. You confused yourself with all those rigs as even I had 5 carp. Do you own any golf clubs?.
    Bobby g ( mother brown )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's tight pegging, two anglers on peg 5. :)

    ReplyDelete