Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 December 2012

Shiplate farm main lake

20 booked in but due to trigger caning it on Saturday nite he was in no fit state to come so only 19 pegs needed. Just for a change I had the last one in the hat , which was a good move as I ended up on 15 which is the end peg on the far bank, and I had the wind off my back. For company I had fabio on 14b and I had to sit and look at Clint wojtyla opposite on peg 1. Not to many rigs to set up today , in fact only two would do, a .5g for 6 and 13mtrs for maggot over ground bait  for skimmers and hopefully a few of the lakes better bream, and a 3x14 for corn over micro to my left in the hope of a few carp,  the skimmer rig had a 18 middy 6313 on .10 and the carp rig had a 9313 on .14 , at the start I cupped in two balls with a few casters at 7 mtrs and 3 at 13 mtrs and some corn and micro to my left at 13 mtrs.
Starting with single maggot at 7mtrs my first bite came from a small roach ,and my second bite was from an angry carp which didn't take to kindly to being hooked somewhere other than in the mouth, hence a slightly straitened hook and no fish, so a new hook then next drop and a slightly better roach then a 3lb bream followed by some small skimmers, by now mat tomes on 14a had caught a carp on the feeder but that was his only carp he had ,  so it wasn't long till he was back on the pole. Of the anglers I could see on the far bank no one was catching much and with the wind blowing into them I wasn't to surprised , our bank was fishing better mainly down to the presentation, about halfway through mat had 3 good bream in a burst and I had another 3lb fish again at 6mtrs but it was a bit slow so I went out to 13 and had some more small skimmers, I had a few looks on the corn line but only had 2 skimmers there , with not a sign of a carp, in fact there were hardly any carp showing  on the lake at all. With 2 hours to go I had to go for a toilet break,and with mat tomes was top on my way round to the loo with about 20 lb, getting back to my peg I went in at 6 mtrs with a single maggot and the float settled and went straight under and I had a 5 lb bream so. I was one good fish behind mat but I never got one all. Could get we're small skimmers on the 6 and 13 mtr line , mat never managed another quality fish but Clint ended up with  2 carp and 2 good bream plus some bits for mid 20,s
1st on the day was Clint wojtyla on peg1 with 25.10
2nd mat tomes. 23.12 peg 14a
3rd tony rixon 18.12 peg 15 which was top silver weight on the day
4th mike Nichols, 15.7 peg 14
5th chris fox 12.4 peg 13
6 th nick collier 10.2 peg 12
Wednesday I have a match a chiton trinity , woodland lake 9 draw , if interested ring me on 07974807941


No comments:

Post a Comment